Friday, March 15, 2019

14

I Talked to Some Friends:
Group Collaboration 02 
03_15_19

Within my classroom, we are having semi-often group meetings, in which students group up with others and discuss their projects, any ideas or frustrations or triumphs they are facing.

We discuss ideas that may not have come up without hearing an outside opinion. Often when you stare at a problem, the solution gets precluded within the mess. Taking a step back is usually the best way to find something, and so hearing from others who have not spent time thinking about my work yields different, interesting suggestions. Sometimes, they’re outlandish and sometimes they're obvious, but they always lend a positive effect.

This time I brought to my peers a loose version of my last blog post. I discussed my affinity to realism, and my attraction to quiet, emotional pieces, such as Ozark. Within my group, I heard two stories of abductions, each one unique from one another, and a science-fiction plotline.

When telling my peers my story, I spoke to them about my struggles finding a culmination or path to my plot. I have the essence and structure of my story, but not the whole substance. They focused on the development of my character, in order to ensure a connection with the audience. I was told to develop a background for my character to help find an ending to my opening. Establishing a full character profile can be extremely helpful when determining motivation and intentions, even if all of the details are not shown on screen. I am gonna do that.

Thanks for reading.


-f.s

No comments:

Post a Comment

15

All Over: My film opening. 04_19_19 The culmination of this blog is here. Without further ado, "Catharsis." CATHA...