Sunday, March 10, 2019

09




Concrete starts wet:
Beginning my product w/ some very loose planning 
03_05_19

I like the idea of starting off with a drone shot.

Kinda like sweeping over the area very quickly, and stopping in front of a window, through which we see our protagonist. Have some music on that shot, but then have something to prompt a cut inside, with there music is gone, and the viewer is brought closer to the protagonist. I really like when diegetic sound becomes nondiegetic, or vice-versa. For example, someone in the narrative world plays a song, but that songs then seeps into the other scenes as sort of a background track. Maybe I'll incorporate that.


Following an introduction to the environment comes the character's first actions. Maybe they're getting ready for the day or something, maybe in the kitchen, and what prompts the cut indoors is an accidental cut of his finger, or a timer going off, like coffee being ready or something. He gets in the car, maybe the music picks up again, just a shot of his face. Voice-over starts to come in of him talking perhaps in an interview, saying like I really need this job or whatever, and then after leading in with the audio, we cut to an over the shoulder of the interview, as we see our protagonist talking to a presumed superior. Later, cut back to the protagonist sitting alone outside. Didn't get the job.

Nightcrawler has job interviews at the beginning, watch for inspiration.

What happens at the end? Turn to desperate measures? Find someone? What's the point?

I’m not entirely sure what the point of my plot will be. What happens to my protagonist? Why does he want the job, why is he desperate?

Honestly, I’m not sure about any of this. Hopefully, by the end of the week, I’ll have some sort of plan. Maybe some of this will translate into solidity. After all, even concrete starts wet.

Thanks for reading.


-f.s

No comments:

Post a Comment

15

All Over: My film opening. 04_19_19 The culmination of this blog is here. Without further ado, "Catharsis." CATHA...