Sunday, March 10, 2019

12

Some boring planning:
Working through some logistics(& documenting them). 
03_10_19

I think I will act in my film. I think I will act for 3 reasons: 1 - I honestly don’t really trust other people to do it well. I don't want to put the main character of my film in jeopardy, so I have to put it upon my own shoulders. If I am not doing well, I know exactly who to blame and I know that I need to improve. 2 - I know what I want my main character to deliver. More so than I could ever really express to someone else, there may be a certain vibe or essence I want to come across in my protagonist that I may be able to capture. 3 - I have a good friend that I trust with a camera.

There is only one problem with my reasoning thus far: I don’t know just how good I can act. Honestly, I’d give myself a 7/10. I’m no Oscar winner, but maybe like Kids’ Choice Award, you know what I mean? We’ll see I guess.

For the supposed drone shot, I’ll be using a DJI Mavic Pro, supplied by another friend of mine. That’s really good. This is entirely unrelated, but I got a demo of the drone before its release while attending a summer program at Carnegie Mellon. Super sick.

I may use one of my aforementioned friend’s house to film, just because I want some windows to be able to transition inside with, and my house isn’t great on that front.

I have camera gear at my house, but I may want to look into renting from the local library. My audio equipment isn’t nearly good enough.

I need at least one other character, an adult male, for now. Not sure if anyone else is going to be necessary. Maybe a dog? A loyal companion could add some depth to the character, similar to how it’s done in I Am Legend. Either way, I have a dog. That would work.

This is by far the least eventful and creative posting I will ever put up. I just had to run through some things in my head, and I figured I would put it on here. If you read this, thank you and I’m sorry. It will all come together in the end, I promise. Even all this.

Thanks for reading.

-f.s

No comments:

Post a Comment

15

All Over: My film opening. 04_19_19 The culmination of this blog is here. Without further ado, "Catharsis." CATHA...